Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's not easy being green!

So, I went to go take pictures of one of my old, yet still awesome, crafting projects and my camera battery is DEAD!!! And of course I can't find the charger. I have beepron having an off week so far when it comes to misplacing things. So instead of a craft I figured I would talk about something else near and dear to my heart. By now, everyone has heard the term, "Going Green." I am almost honestly sick of hearing about it. Don't get me wrong, it is not that I don't believe in protecting the earth, I just think too many people are using the slogan, but not living the life.

I have grown up with the knowledge of recycling and treating the earth with kindness. You should always leave the earth cleaner than you found it! My parents taught us to recycle and compost. I even did my huge senior project on recycling and researched our city's recycling program and its future goals. I created a coloring book for elementary students that talked about cleaning up the earth and we did different projects making things out of ordinary objects like milk cartons and soda bottles.

Like most people, I have adapted to recycling everything possible, use cloth napkins, wash in cold water, have the new energy saving light bulbs, etc. But lately, I have been feeling like I need to do a lot more. I am going to try to continue to "green" my life in one or two additional new ways each month. This month I am starting with trying a new body wash. I know it doesn't sound drastic, but it is an all natural bar of soap that comes in recycled cardboard. It will be a huge change for me because I love using my liquid soap and lathering up some bubbles! I am also going to mix my own cleaning solutions (vinegar and baking soda based) and see how they do cleaning the house. Hopefully everything be just as clean, but without the harsh chemicals! More to come on how my two new goals are going!

No comments:

Post a Comment