Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Birthday Suprise!

For my friends 30th birthday, we held a surprise party on her boat. Hanging out on the "Turquoise Mermaid" is one of our favorite summer past times. I found an awesome picnic basket at Goodwill for 99cents and decided to give her a reusable picnic set.
I found some really cute dishes with fish on them, quite appropriate for lake time antics and then decided to make these reusable silverware rollups. I should really come up with a better name for them. I had intended on making on for myself first, seeing as how I eat at my desk while at work and am always searching for my silverware in my lunch bags, but I am glad that I decided to make them to go along with Meg's present. I basically took some fabric I had and came up with these beauties. I also added a little something to the napkins that I got on clearance.
I made a little holding section for the silverware and the napkin and the top part of the roll up folds over to hold the silverware snuggly and compactly. They are going to be amazing to use after spending time out on the lake and then eating while you are still all wet and sun screened up. Meg absolutely loved them and the whole picnic set. I wish I had thought to take a picture of the whole gift together because it turned out fabulously! Meg was also really excited about having things to reuse, I guess all of my "hippish-tendencies" are starting to rub off on my friends too!




No comments:

Post a Comment