Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I heart robots!

So I posted a few days ago about my nephews upcoming birthday and how I wanted to make him a present. Yesterday I decided to give it a go and here is what I came up with...

I decided to use felt which is quickly becoming one of my favorite things in the world! I made the decision to make a robot after searching the internet for cute toys for boys because I thought it would be the easiest thing. People are so amazing with their homemade octopus', horses, pirate ships and such. I am definitly not at that level yet. So here is the head and the body. It took the most time to sew the head onto the body, but I did some multi-tasking and did it while watching some TV!
And here is the finished project! He came out so much cuter than I thought! I want to make Dillon a couple of robot friends before mailing his birthday package out. Now all I have to do is keep the dogs away because they think it is a "baby" for them!




No comments:

Post a Comment