Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Don't cry over spilled rice...

I was feeling slightly better today and decided that I wanted to try and attempt to work in my craft room. Back in December one of my friends made a comment that she really missed having her rice neck warmer and I thought that I could make her one to replace her missing one. I finally used the awesome Christmas presents my parents got me, my self healing cutting board and my rotary cutters. They worked like a charm!


I went through my scrap material and found this brightly colored fabric that I thought my friend Meg would really enjoy and I just sewed away. I was also very impressed with myself in that I only spilled the rice once while making the roll insert. At the very end I decided to add snaps instead of sewing the neck roll completely together so that the outside could be washed and the inside roll changed if needed. In hindsight I should have made this decision earlier because my seams are not even at the top, but I think Meg will enjoy it all the same.
Happy Crafting everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment